Pause and reflect.
For us, it’s quite easy to lose track of what’s important to us — especially when we live up to someone’s expectations.
This is our life. So as not to lose our direction in life, we sometimes have to pause for a while and ask questions to ourselves to find where we are:
- Do I have goals? What do I really accomplish in the next two weeks, three months and one year?
- Do I enjoy what I do every day? If not, why? How can I make these actions meaningful to my life?
- Am I certainly moving toward the goals? What distracts me most often? How can I get rid of these distractions?
- Am I doing what I ought to do to accomplish what I want to accomplish, or just doing what I want to do or what I am told to do?
- What are my next steps? Can I divide the next task into small pieces? What is the ‘baby-step’ – the easiest task I can complete within 15 minutes?
By asking these simple questions every now and then will help you (re)gain momentum, even when you feel stuck. It’s okay to get lost sometimes as far as we know how to get back from there.
Grab a pen and a piece of paper. Or your notebook. Write down your own questions and your thoughts. Your brand-new life starts here.