At some point in your life, you have to promote yourself—until it pays off. Otherwise, you’ll lose an opportunity, trust, money, or self-esteem.
And here’s what could happen when you promote yourself:
- People ignore you,
- People think you bother them,
- People think you have an inflated ego and appear arrogant,
- People think you trample on other’s feelings,
- People get mad and remove you from their life; or
- People get inspired and support you.
When you are passive and don’t affect other’s feelings, you’ll get ignored. If you affect someones’ feelings, he or she may get upset; but that’s also the only way to get someone inspired.